As an organisation, the State Emergency Service’s primary function is to:
- Raise, train and equip an effective Volunteer based emergency service;
- Be the ‘hazard management agency’ for flood, cyclone, storm, tsunami and earthquake;
- Support other agencies (police/fire/ambulance) with land search, vehicle rescue, vertical rescue, cliff and cave rescue;
- Act in a support role to other combat agencies;
- Support emergency management activities at state, regional and local level;
Some of the duties we may be called to assist with are:
- Building Repair
- Conducting a rescue
- Providing first aid
- Establishing communications
- Evacuation support
…and much more
Swan SES is located in one of the biggest districts in the metro area. Our coverage not only includes the international airport, but stretches from the hills as far as Ballajura, and most suburbs north of Guildford as far as Gin Gin! We are also regularly called to assist other units when they require additional support both locally, and nationally.
All of this makes us one busy unit!