A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling on or near the Connie Sue Road, 84 kilometres north of Neale Junction, in the Great Victoria Desert in the Shire of Laverton.
The fire is burning on both sides of Connie Sue Road.
There is no threat to lives or homes but motorists and travellers need to be aware. Although there is no immediate danger you need to keep up to date.
WHAT TO DO:
• Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
• Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
• Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
• Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
• Check the Fire Danger Rating for your area to help you decide what to do www.fesa.wa.gov.au/firedangerratings.
• Read through your bushfire survival plan.
• If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
The fire has been burning for several weeks and has flared up. It is expected to continue to burn for several days.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
FESA and Shire of Laverton are monitoring the fire.
The Shire of Laverton is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.fesa.wa.gov.au, call 1300 657 209 or listen to news bulletins.